Ask An Agent - Do I Have Full Coverage?

“Do I have full coverage?” is a popular question around our office.  Clients often want to know if they have full coverage or liability only on their auto insurance policy.  Unfortunately, there is no such thing as full coverage insurance!
Here’s the problem - “full coverage” has become a common term, but it can mean lots of different things.  If a bank tells you that you need full coverage, they typically mean Collision and Comprehensive coverage.  But you might think that full coverage means you have everything we offer.  And there are a few important differences between the two. 
Collision is what fixes or replaces your vehicle if you have an accident.
Comprehensive is what fixes or replaces your vehicle after storm damage, theft, vandalism, and other situations that don’t involve an accident. 
These two coverages are usually required by lenders and are sometimes called full coverage.  But there are other things you may THINK you have when you say full coverage, that aren’t automatically included.
One of those items is Rental Reimbursement.  This is the coverage that supplies you with a rental car while your car is in the shop for repairs due to a claim.  Another is Towing coverage, which tows your vehicle if it breaks down or even runs out of gas. 
So what should you do to make sure you’re protected?  The best recommendation is to work with a local agent who can sit down and review your coverage line by line.  We’ll explain each item, make suggestions for gaps you may have in your coverage, and make sure that you know EXACTLY what you’ve got!  No more vague “full coverage” nonsense.  Call us today for a quote or to review your current policy!